Those of you who read my beauty resolutions post from a couple of weeks ago may remember that I'm determined to shop my stash more this year. Fewer new products, and more of appreciating what I have! This look is a representation of that: only one new product in the bunch! Not bad, right?
Here's the detailed breakdown for those who are curious:
- Illamasqua Skin Base in 3.5. A disappointing foundation overall. The finish is nice, but it breaks down on my face too quickly. The colour is also not quite right (and the next shade up was too light—boo!).
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 (under my eyes) and NC15 (blemishes). I've been wearing this product for 15 years. Enough said!
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly, a staple in my case. I reviewed it early last year.
- Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup in 01. Discontinued and just finished my last one. I'm a little distraught. The finish and lasting power were superb.
- Chanel Eclat Lumiere Highlighter Face Pen in 30. Love, love, love this product as a colour corrector/highlighter under my eyes. I reviewed it last year. Note that it does crease a bit under the eyes if you don't set it with a bit of powder. (Case in point: The photo above. Ugh. Nothing like self-portraiture to show you your mistakes, eh?)
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. Still playing, but love it so far! Versatile and very high quality.
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. Another makeup-case staple I reviewed a few months ago.
- MAC Extended Play Gigablack Mascara layered over either Maybelline Great Lash or Chanel Inimitable Intense—I wish I could remember which, but the results of both definitely look about the same! I've been loving layering mascaras lately. Two underwhelming mascaras put together can really become something special when combined. I love layering Extended Play over all other mascaras. it really extends and improves the wear.
- MAC Eyeshadow in Omega on my brows. It's subtle and simple, which I like. Reviewed last year.
Cheeks and Lips
- NARS Guy Bourdin Blush in Coeur Battant, the lone new product in the bunch. After rave reviews from the lovely editors of Beautezine and gh0stparties, both of whom have skin tones similar to mine, I knew I needed to snap this up. Fortunately, there are still a few kicking around. I grabbed the second-to-last one at the NARS counter at the Bay in downtown Vancouver. Application is a tad tricky because it's so bright, but I'm loving the results so far. Very fun and fresh.
- Styli-Style Plastique Lip Gloss in Raspberry. With a bright cheek, I thought I should keep the lip simple with a candy-pink gloss. I reviewed this product during my 12 Days of Christmas series.
I'd love to see what products you've been wearing and rediscovering lately! Share your links in the comments and I'll pay you a visit.
Disclosure: All products mentioned in this post except the Styli-Style lip gloss were purchased by Eyeshadow Addict. The gloss was provided by a PR for my consideration.