NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla is the only concealer that's made me look away from MAC Studio Finish Concealer for a while. For a liquid concealer, the coverage is absolutely fabulous. I love this stuff.
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: A comparison
In some ways, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is similar to MAC Select Cover-Up, but the coverage, consistency, finish, and packaging are just better: MAC Select Cover-up tends to set more quickly than I would like, meaning I need to work very quickly to buff it in under my eyes. The squeeze-bottle packaging is annoying, always dispensing either less or more than I would like. And it just doesn't cover the blue under my eyes the way I want it to.
Then there's MAC Studio Finish Concealer. The coverage of Studio Finish is truly, truly unparalleled in my book. It's still my go-to for blemishes. But under the eyes, Studio Finish can be drying. Enter NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: It's radiant perfection. It's moist enough for under the eyes. It covers. And it lasts.
- The doe-foot applicator makes application easy, and I never end up with more than I want. Nothing goes to waste.
- The coverage is perfect for under my eyes. If I'm in a hurry and I don't feel like pulling out a second concealer for blemishes, it also works fine for blemishes.
- The finish is lovely and natural—it looks like skin. Don't be put off by the use of the term "radiant" in the name. There's no shimmer.
- I would like to see a few more colour choices. Vanilla is just a very little but more yellow than I would like (even though the description says it has a hint of pink). The other options NARS offers are either too light or too dark.
- The price is rough. $32 for 0.22 oz (compared to $22 for 0.33 oz of MAC Select Cover-Up) is quite steep. On the bright side, it lasts awhile—I've had mine since January. But still…
The verdict: If the price doesn't bother you, go for it. This is truly a fantastic concealer. One of the best.
Rating: Four stars out of five. Drop the price by about $10, NARS, and you'll have a perfect rating from me.
Available: NARS counters, Sephora stores, and Sephora.ca for $32 Canadian.
Have you tried NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer? What did you think? How does it compare to other concealers you've tried?
Disclosure: This product was purchased by Eyeshadow Addict. This post contains affiliate links.