I have SO much more respect for YouTubers after this week. I filmed a video Sunday, and was so horrified with the footage that I filmed it again today. Both outcomes are sad. I've realized the following:
- I have a perpetual double-chin below a certain angle—time to stop eating so many cookies!
- I make a lot of really strange facial expressions. Time to practice my resting face.
- I'm more high-strung than I think, because I never, ever look relaxed on camera. Time to take up yoga?
- I move around a lot. Too much caffeine?
- A 50 mm lens, all I currently have since my wide-angle bit the dust, is not so great for filming videos. Recommendations welcome. Christmas is coming, and a girl can dream.
You know what though? In spite of all odds, I shall endure. (#firstworldproblems) My GWRM video will come soon, because I'm just that stubborn. Today, a FOTD in honour of Mauvember will have to suffice. I'm wearing a combination of old favourites and new and exciting treasures, including Bite Beauty's limited-edition shade for this month, Mauvember. Here's the breakdown:
- Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Radiance Primer Blue. The name is a mouthful, but this is good for masking redness and improving the wear of foundation.
- Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow. Gisele in a bottle, according to Charlotte. She's not lying.
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation in 117. This is my new favourite foundation, which I've worn pretty much every day since MUFE sent it to me. It blends quickly and flawlessly, and just melts into the skin for a dewy-but-not-greasy glow. It also has great lasting power. I didn't expect to love this, but I really, really do. (*PR sample*)
- Chanel Éclat Lumière Highlighter Face Pen in 30. Review here.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla. I think I'm on my fourth or fifth tube. Review here.
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. The best powder I've found for setting undereye concealer. I wrote about it in this tutorial.
- MAC Studio Sculpt Defining Powder in Light. Nice finish, but otherwise meh.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow. Worth every cent of the hefty pricetag. Stunning. That is all.
- Charlotte Tilbury Chic to Cheek Swish and Pop Blusher in Love Glow. Like Orgasm and Deep Throat, but so much better. More glow than glitter. It goes with everything, and looks like a million dollars. If I had to wear just one blush forever (gasp!), it might be this one.
- NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base. The stuff is pricey, but awesome.
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. An old faithful. Review here.
- Charlotte Tilbury Uptown Girl Luxury Palette. My fifth CT quad. (Don't judge.) It's gorgeous and perfect, just like all the others.
- Charlotte Tilbury The Classic Eyeliner Powder Pencil in Audrey. The more I use this simple brown pencil that goes on softly and elegantly and lasts all day, the more I like it. (*PR sample*)
- Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara. Overpriced, but a good volumizing mascara. (*PR sample*)
- MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara. I pair this mascara with a volumizing mascara daily. It's great for lengthening and adding lasting power, and it never, ever smudges. Even in the rain. But it's not a pain to remove! Miraculous.
- Dior Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil in Universal. About on par with the ever-great Anastasia Brow Wiz.
- Marc Jacobs Poutliner Longwear Lip Liner Pencil in Prim(rose). A perfect pinky nude liner that smoothes the lips instead of drying them out. Say what?
- Bite Beauty Lipstick in Mauvember, Moisturizing, smooth, gorgeous AND for a good cause. Grab it if you can. This is my first Bite Beauty product, and I'm impressed!
What do you think? Have you tried any of these products? What looks have you been loving lately? Leave me a link in the comments!