I fell in love with the "warm" palette from NARS' Eye-Opening Act Collection, called Yeux Irresistible, pretty much right away. My eyes went big and I thought, That must come home with me…post-haste! That mix of warm browns, champagne, pink, and a retro blue thrown in for fun…it spoke to me. Deeply. There's so much you can do with this palette. I believe the collection is limited edition, but the last time I checked, you can still find it at Nordstrom, Holt Renfew and online.
Here's what you get in the palette:
Top row, left to right: All About Eve II, a shimmery, nude pink; Jezebel, a shimmery, rusty brown; and Thunderball, a matte, greyish navy.
Botton row, left to right: Colombo, a shimmery gold; Brousse II, a shimmery taupe; and Coconut Grove, a deep brown with micro-glitter (permanent).
And the swatches:
As you can probably tell, Coconut Grove (the dark brown) and Thunderball (the blue) are a tad more work to blend, but nothing major. The other four shades are soft and blendable as butter. All last the day without creasing. I'm a fan. So much.
Here's a look I came up with:
- Outer lid: Jezebel, applied with a MAC 239
- Inner lid: Colombo, applied with a MAC 239
- Crease: Brousse I, applied with a MAC 217
- Deep crease/outer corner: Coconut Grove, applied with a Sonia Kashuk crease brush
- Upper crease/brow bone/blending colour: All About Eve II, applied with a Sonia Kashuk domed blending brush
- Upper lashline: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, applied with a MAC 210
- Base: NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base (this stuff is BOSS, by the way), applied with my finger
- Lashes: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes and Clinique Lash Power Mascaras
- Brows: MAC Omega Eyeshadow, applied with an angled Sonia Kashuk brush
Rating: Four and a half stars out of five.
The verdict: This palette, man. This palette. You need it.
Available: Holt Renfrew, Nordstrom, NARS boutiques and narscosmetics.com for $58 Canadian. Each shadow is one gram.
Have you tried the NARS Yeux Irresistible Eyeshadow Palette? Anything else from the Eye-Opening Collection? Is it love? Let me know in the comments!
Disclosure: This product was purchased by Eyeshadow Addict.