I received these eye makeup remover pads by Almay in a goody bag at a recent blogging event. Sweet, right? I can always use makeup remover. But alas, these won't be making it into my permanent rotation.
- The stuff works—and well. There's no holding the cotton pad in place to the count of three. You smooth the pad over your eye, and everything comes off.
- It's convenient—no messing with cotton pads and a bottle of liquid. You open the jar, grab a pad, and you're good to go.
- The price and accessibility. You can get Almay at most drugstores. The price is in the range of a very reasonable $8 for 80 pads.
- No greasy residue! Wahoo!
Here's a quick look:
Alas, a couple of big flaws manage to drown out all the good for me:
- They medicine-y smell very, very strong—unpleasantly so. And they're supposed to be a fragrance-free product. I don't understand this.
- They irritate my eyes quite a bit even though they're supposed to be hypoallergenic. Note: I don't have especially sensitive skin or eyes.
It's a mystery. Beautypedia gives it a good rating—and Paula is so diligent about noting potentially irritating ingredients.
Can anyone shed any light on this? Have you had the same issues with this product? Or did I get a bad batch? I want to like it because it works and it's cheap—but I can't even finish the jar.
Disclosure: I received this item in a complimentary gift bag at a blogging event.